Sunday, February 10, 2008

 

of S-GPS, W-day, Friends and Brothers, Chocolate and Providence

I was a complete mess since I started that "confirmation of coordinates", in some way I'm still a mess but well, it's just the lowest point before the pendulum rises again (demons, I really disliked that part on physics).
Relaxing on this resurrection sunday (dormingo de resurrección) listening to some music (best shelter for most of the meanings that any soul could need, at least mine) and eating a milky way, I find the perfect moment to summarize the last events...
For starters one of my closests friends and the daughter of one of my father's friend got married at the same church, one on friday and other on saturday. I've been to weddings before and the emotional load was almost nothing compared to these last two. I've known this guy 14 years, I remember on those first years helping him with his history test and playing the drums as Marco and I had our guitars. Always direct almost to an offensive level (sometimes) but with a sense of loyalty that helped a lot to put the trio together again after 10 years (a complete shame for we live in the same district) and well, I can't do anything but being thankful for putting all of us in contact after all this time. Yes, sounds naive, 14 years and 10 separated and still good friends? I guess that's what happens when you find people you really get along with.
He got married and, as I told the bride-now-wife, I hope she knows who is she staying with and appreciates in its whole dimension.
The other wedding was a little more loaded for my father, my mother couldn't attend so I had to dress the gown again, high heels and surpass the look I had on the wedding of the night before for it wasn't just myself there, I was attending with my father. In this case he's been friends with the father of the bride for longer that I've lived and he's seen her since she was on the craddle, she's older than me for a few years and I think he started to think about the possibility that one day, maybe, it would be him taking me down that path and giving my hand to someone else. So by the end of the ceremony, when the rings and papers were signed, I just looked at him and said "don't worry dad, I'll still be only your little daughter for a longer time" and kissed him, if that relieved him or not, I don't know. Life is full of surprises and I think he knows that better that I do but still I think that he doesn't have to worry about that at least for the next years.
With these two situations I think I have an idea of how my brothers' weddings will be... eventually, everyone leaves the common places, isn't it? the thing is to do it for their own good.
After saturday's wedding, my father and I came home early, so, what would I do if it was 20.00 and I still had that freaking make up on my eyes? although I didn't feel completely like going out, I called some friends and went out standing at the gathering point by 23.00, after waiting for this friend 1 hour, staring at the screen with little dancing 2 hours more I played sick and left her there with Marco, who was supervising the lights at the club and, oh gracious providence, as I said good bye to another friend who was going back to that club I hear someone calling my name... my legendary cousin Gonzalo. Gracious providence for I thought of deserting the night by midnight but as I didn't find funny to leave her hanging there with no place to go, I stayed with spartan stoicism until I thought she found herself at the club... 3 hours that were worth the shot of jameson, 2 hours chatting with my cousin, the early morning stroll down the street and the promise that we won't let huge gaps between our meetings.
btw... S-GPS (spiritual-global positioning system, patented by me!) is nothing less and nothing more than the regular process of finding the coordinates of some elements in my life to help myself to determine what kind of soil this road is made of, cult of pessimism learned while studying civil engineering, you can't design for the worst but for the most probable disgrace, in that way, may be, you'll get to live the best

17:11:21

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?